10/15/2012

Peace & Yoga: Day 1

by: Jesse

In an attempt to become less anxious and more 'peaceful' during this psychotic transition point in my life I started a 30-day yoga challenge. I can't quite remember where, but I read an article a few months back about a journalist who embarked on this challenge promising to do at least 1 hour of yoga a day, and the concept stuck with me.

Instead of 1- 60 minute session I've decided to do a Tara Stiles yoga video 1st thing when I awake and last thing before I go to sleep. Her videos have helped tons of people find their inner 'Yogi'.  I've always used her videos for at home yoga but this time i'm making it a priority to commit to two mini yoga sessions a day.  Today was my first day and I started out with this video:


I also just ended my day with this video: 






I initially started with Pilates but then eventually found myself doing yoga to help with flexibility and anxiety, plus its a great mini workout. Has anyone else ever practiced yoga to help with nerves, etc? What are some other things you've done to help with anxiety I'd love to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment