3/08/2012

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY

In a post dedicated to all the wonderful women in my life, My irreplaceable Mother Diane, Sisters Katie and Lily, courageous Grandmother Marilyn, and my two amazing aunts Victoria and Karyn happy International Women's Day. 

Maybe its the Anthropologist in me but what an amazing holiday right? International Women's Day is celebrated countless countries around the world and initially sprung from the 1908 garment worker's strike in New York. Today, it is important to look back on past struggles, triumphs, and to gaze positively at the potential of future generations of women.

I did a tumblr search and found some amazing graphics celebrating International Women's Day, so here are a few of my favorites.  
Celebrate the women in you life today. 







-j

No comments:

Post a Comment